This years’ conference of the ICOMOS International Scientific Committee on Archaeological Heritage Management (ICAHM), under the patronage of the African World Heritage Fund, will take place in the ancient trading town Bagamoyo, near Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, 2-5 October 2017.
The emphasis of this meeting will be on: Trade Routes to and from Sub-Saharan Africa to the rest of the World, the Africa Initiative, the Conservation and Sustainable use of Paleoanthropological Sites, Digital Technologies in Archaeological Heritage Management and World Heritage Sites as Sources for Sustainable Development.
We invite submissions of abstracts for papers and poster presentations on the following themes:
- Trade Routes: Africa’s role as a gateway to the rest of the World
- The North African and Arabian Peninsula Connection
- Asian Connection
- The African Hinterland Connection
- The Connection to the West.
- Conservation and Sustainable Use of Paleoanthropological Sites
- World Heritage Sites as Sources for Sustainable Development
- Digital Technologies and Archaeological Heritage Management
The deadline for abstract submissions is June 1, 2017.
Please see below, the Call for Papers and conference website for more information:
Contact: email@example.com Twitter: @ICAHMnews, #ICAHM2017