REGIONAL YOUTH FORUM28th APRIL – 5th MAY 2020
DATE: 28th April – 5th May 2020
VENUE: Robben Island, South Africa
ORGANISERS: African World Heritage Fund (AWHF), International Centre for the Study of the Preservation and Restoration of Cultural Property (ICCROM), Robben Island Museum (RIM), University of Cape Town, UNESCO World Heritage Centre, African Union Commission (AUC)
About the Youth Forum
Every year, young people from all over the African continent come together to discuss and debate their involvement in World Heritage management:
• The forums culminate in a series of recommended actions which are highlighted in the “Youth Forum Declarations”.
• These actions take into account experiences and unique perspective of youth as well as the challenges facing young people in protection and promotion of World Heritage.
About 30 young participants are selected between ages 18-28 years old, from different African
• A call for application for the Youth Forum is advertised on all AWHF media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).
• To mobilize young people (<35 Years of age) in promotion and preservation of World Heritage in Africa
• Create a platform for dialogue, networking & exchange of ideas among youths and experts on promotion & protection of World Heritage in Africa.
• Raise awareness among the youths on conservation issues affecting World Heritage properties in Africa.
• To increase the capacity of the youths on World Heritage protection through training.
Get the Latest News & Updates
We would like to keep you up to date with all the news. Look out for our newsletters and learn more about upcoming events and achievements.
Want to learn more about the African World Heritage Fund?
See our Heritage Sites
Who are our partners?
Everyone making a difference!
Programmes and projects