PROGRAMMES & PROJECTS
The Fund has implemented and supported various activities in the fields of Tentative Listing, World Heritage Nominations. Conservation, Management and Promotion of Sites. Those include:
- Training courses on Nomination for English African Speaking countries
- Training courses on Nomination for French African Speaking countries
- Training course on Nomination and Management of World Heritage for Portuguese African Speaking countries
- Partnership and fundraising events e.g. Advocacy Meeting (Abuja, 2008), Side Event at African Union Heads of States Assembly (Addis Ababa, 2014), Private sector event (Johannesburg in 2015, Marrakech in 2016 and Windhoek in 2017), thematic exhibitions and engagements at UNESCO and World Heritage Committee Meetings etc.
- Assisting in developing National Tentative Lists (Mozambique, Lesotho etc.)
- Assisting in developing Nomination Dossiers (Mbanza Kongo, Vestiges of the Capital of the former Kingdom of Kongo in Angola, Sacred Mijikenda Kaya Forests in Kenya, W Arly Pendjari Complex in Niger, Benin and Burkina Faso, Okavango Delta in Botswana, Archaeological Sites of the Island of Meroe in Sudan, Maloti-Drakensberg Park in Lesotho and South Africa etc.).
- Research and publications on World Heritage Sites in Africa
- Regional Meetings for Updating and Harmonisation of Tentative Lists.
TRANSFORMING AFRICA’S IMAGE
Get the Latest News & Updates
We would like to keep you up to date with all the news. Look out for our newsletters and learn more about upcoming events and achievements.
African World Heritage Fund is administered by Law…
See our Heritage Sites
Who are our partners?
Everyone making a difference!